Thursday, March 25, 2010

Courtney is a Young Woman!!



I decided a LONG time ago that when my children turned twelve, I would take them on a little trip. Alone. Just Mom, Dad, and our twelve-year-old child. Well my friends, time moves faster than you think, and the day came (way before I was ready) that I had an actual twelve year old child.

So, last week, Courtney, Todd, and I headed to my favorite city on the planet - San Francisco.

Todd had to work most of the time we were there, and we missed him - sorta. But, the city, it was ours. Just Courtney and I. We shopped, rode the cable cars, took a bay cruise, ate some delicious food, and even had a "spa night" in our hotel room. We made memories to last a lifetime.







6 comments:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

wow. She has turned into a beautiful young woman. I fear when my daughters start getting that age...what will I do???

KW said...

How fun! What a great tradition, but I still can't believe she is in YW. I remember when she was getting baptized!

Sherry said...

This is so funny! We're starting that same tradition with our kids but only mom gets to go with them. I'm doing the same thing the end of April. Hailee, our oldest, is turning 12 and she and I are flying to San Francisco, one of my favorite cities too. We're flying out on her b-day and will see Peter Pan and then see Wicked the next night. I can't wait. She doesn't know but will find out when she thinks we're headed to school but will head to the airport instead. I wish my hubby could come but someone has to stay home with the other 4 kiddos. It looks like you guys had a great time and what a great idea to do a spa treatment in your hotel room. BTW....where did you stay? I'm having a hard time deciding which area to stay in.

Leila said...

Sherry - You're gonna have SO MUCH FUN. We saw Wicked down here in SD a few months back. My girls loved it. What a lucky girl Hailee is. :)

I always try to stay as close to Union Square as possible. It is easier to get around from there, for me at least. It is a good starting point to almost anywhere else you want to go. This time, we stayed at the Westin just right at Union Square. We went everywhere we needed to go by foot or cable car.

Let me know how your trip goes. I am sure you will make some fantastic memories. And, spending time one on one with your daughter is priceless.

Adrianne said...

Yeah! I am glad you are back! What a great idea! I can't believe she is 12!

Monica Palmer said...

What a great idea :) It looks like you had fun!