Sunday, March 8, 2009

Miracles

Update:

My step-father is fine. Yes, fine. I might not believe this story if I had not lived it. After a massive heart attack, being clinically dead for a few minutes, life flighted in a helicopter, put in a hypothermic state for two days, unconscious for several more, my step-father is FINE. He is walking, talking, eating, joking, and happy. There is no brain damage. We will find out for sure tomorrow, but we think his heart can be repaired easily.

I have never witnessed such an amazing come back. The doctors and nurses are amazed. Many that cared for him in those first few days have come to his room to meet him because they never had a patient in such bad shape wake up, and they needed to see him for themselves. After being told he would certainly die, and if he did live it would be with some brain damage, our family is simply in shock and grateful. Prayers are heard and answered.

4 comments:

Adrianne said...

I am so happy for your family! Thanks for reminding me that miracles do happen everyday1

Andrea said...

I am so relieved. I am glad it turned out well.

Adrianne said...

Thanks for the yummy cookies, it was a great surprise! I really do need you recipe-they are to die for!

Sherry said...

With all the negativity in the world today it's wonderful to hear stories like this. I'm happy for your family.