Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Whew... what a week...


Bryant, my step-father, had a massive heart attack on Friday, February 27th. He was life-flighted from Farmington, New Mexico to Albuquerque where he remains. Our family is still waiting to find out what kind of damage has been done to both his heart and to his brain.

It has been difficult to be so far from home and from my family. Daily updates and multiple phone calls keep me in the loop. However, I just really need to give my mom a hug.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. We will just have to see what the Lord has planned for our family. Bryant is a strong man, and loves my mom dearly. I know he is doing his best wake up and get better. I hope he can.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that he makes a turn around. What a hard thing to be away from your family. I will pray that you get to hug your mother soon.

Sherry said...

Oh Leila I'm so sorry. I remember hearing all about their courtship when we were together in New Zealand and then finally meeting them was a treat. Didn't we refer to him as "the Bishop"? I vaguely remember you saying when your mom told you they were getting married you asked her something like "does the Bishop know" and she said "Leila, I'm marrying the Bishop" I'm probably way off but still I know how close you and your mom are and I hope you get to hug her soon.